This subclass authorizes construction work relating to:
- buildings not referred to in subclasses 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and which are referred to in part 9 of the National Building Code – Canada 1995 (CNRC 38726F), as adopted by chapter I of the Construction Code (chapter B-1.1, r.2), without regard to the exemptions provided for in Division II of the Regulation respecting the application of the Building Act (chapter B-1.1, r.1);
- buildings referred to in subclasses 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and in part 9 of the National Building Code, but only if the work is subcontracted on behalf of the holder of a license of the subclass 1.1.1 or subclass 1.1.2;
- the tents referred to in paragraph 2 of section 3.4 of the Regulation respecting the application of the Building Act.
- It also authorizes construction work included in subclasses 2.6, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1 and 6.1 of appendix II, when it concerns a building or a tent referred to in this subclass.
Finally, it authorizes similar or related construction work.
This subclass is fully included in subclass 1.3.
This general contractor can tender, carry out or have carried out all the construction and renovation works of buildings / houses of any kind, that is to say, residential, commercial, industrial, public whose construction standards are, except for farm buildings and other exemptions, to Part 9 of the National Building Code as amended.
Part 9 of the National Building Code – Canada 1995 covers buildings with a building height of not more than three storeys, with a building area of not more than 600 m² and which have main uses:
- A of group C, dwellings;
- B of group D, business establishments;
- C of group E, commercial establishments; and
- D of group F, divisions 2 and 3, medium-risk industrial establishments and low-risk industrial establishments.
The tents referred to in paragraph 2 of section 3.4 of the Regulation respecting the application of the Building Act are those used outdoors:
- A either as dwellings or care or detention establishments with a floor area of 100m² or more;
- B either as meeting rooms or commercial establishments with a floor area exceeding 150 m² or with more than 60 occupants.
Note: In a recent amendment, sections 3.3 and 3.4 of the Regulation respecting the application of the Building Act were repealed, but their content was incorporated into sections 1.04 (equivalent of repealed art. 3.3) and 1.03 (equivalent of art. 3.4 repealed) of the Construction Code. Consequently, the work covered by this subclass remains the same.
SPECIALIZED WORK INCLUDED IN THIS SUBCLASS
This subclass allows its holder to carry out construction work included in the following subclasses when it concerns a building or a tent referred to in this subclass (1.2):
- 2.6 Contractor in piles and special foundations;
- 3.1 Contractor in concrete structures;
- 4.1 Contractor in masonry structures;
- 5.1 Contractor in metal structures and prefabricated concrete elements;
- 6.1 Contractor in wood frames;
- All works included in Annex III.
This contractor may also perform work that falls under one or more of the specialized subclasses above when this work is part of a project relating to his subclass (1.2).
Examinations to take:
- Administration, Management and Management
- Safety management on construction sites
- Project and Site Management
- Execution of construction works – 1.2