This subclass authorizes construction work relating to electricity and telecommunications transformer stations as well as overhead and underground lines for the transmission, distribution, distribution of electricity or telecommunications.
It also authorizes construction work included in subclasses 3.1, 4.1, 5.1 and 6.1 of Annex II, when it concerns a civil engineering work referred to in this subclass.
In addition, this subclass authorizes construction work included in subclass 1.6, but only to have it carried out, when it concerns a civil engineering work referred to in this subclass.
Finally, it authorizes similar or related construction work.
This subclass includes in particular construction work relating to:
- pylons and poles;
- cables and cable splices;
- wind turbine bases or complete erection of wind turbines;
- grounding and modification or repair work on electrical distribution stations belonging to an electricity distributor (Hydro-Québec). Construction and earthing work for private stations (eg: commercial building or factory) falls under subclass 16.0, electrical contractor;
- work on an electrical substation inside a power station.
This subclass also includes construction work relating to:
- the excavation of trenches, the laying of conduits, draft chambers, etc .;
- the installation of underground counterweights and earthing.
This subclass allows its holder to carry out construction work included in the following subclasses when it concerns a civil engineering work referred to in this subclass:
- 3.1 Contractor in concrete structures;
- 4.1 Contractor in masonry structures;
- 5.1 Contractor in metal structures and prefabricated concrete elements;
- 6.1 Contractor in wood frames;
- All works included in Annex III.
This contractor may also perform work that falls under one or more specialized subclasses above when this work is part of a project relating to his subclass (1.7).
This subclass also allows its holder to to execute submerged civil engineering work included in subclass 1.6 when it concerns a civil engineering work referred to in this subclass.
NB: Electrical supply work between the distributor’s connection point and the electrical installation is the sole responsibility of the electrical contractor (16.0).
Examinations to take:
- Administration, Management and Management
- Safety management on construction sites
- Project and Site Management
- Execution of construction works – 1.7