This subclass authorizes construction work which is reserved exclusively for master pipe-mechanics under the Act respecting master pipe-mechanics and which concerns hydronic heating systems.
It also authorizes construction work which is not already authorized by the first paragraph and which concerns hydronic heating systems, in particular those relating to propane burner systems and those included in subclass 15.4.1.
In addition, this subclass authorizes construction work relating to hydronic systems for heating and air conditioning. However, work relating to heating and air conditioning devices forming part of such systems can only be carried out on condition that the contractor also holds the appropriate subclass 15.9 or 15.10.
Finally, it authorizes related construction work.
To view the different scenarios that illustrate the division of work between the subclasses affected by the regulatory changes, consult the document Description of specialized subclasses concerning heating, ventilation and refrigeration equipment.
This subclass includes construction work in subclass 15.4.1.
This subclass, without going beyond the regulatory framework, in particular authorizes construction work relating to:
- when installing the heater
- when installing or replacing the burner
- the installation of the hydronic heat distribution network (radiator, convector, piping, radiant surface, etc.)
- the installation of the gas supply piping and the connection to the meter or the cylinder and the connection to the burner
- the installation of the fuel oil supply piping, the tank and the connection to the tank as well as to the burner
- installing wall vents
- to the chimney connection
- connection and installation of prefabricated chimneys to the hydronic heating system
- the installation of a liner inside the chimney casings
- the installation of control and regulation systems
- the demolition of hydronic heating systems.
Please note that this subclass does not include similar work.
Construction work for a propane burner system (not part of a hydronic heating system) requires subclass 15.6.
The contractor who carries out construction work relating to a device which heats and air conditioners must also have the refrigeration subclass (15.9 or 15.10) relevant to the work.
Construction work on an electrical installation is reserved exclusively for contractors or owner-builders holding subclass 16.0.
Section for entrepreneurs
For any questions concerning the interpretation of the Act respecting master pipe-mechanics (CQLR, c. M-4) and the exclusivity of the work to its members, contact the Corporation of master pipe-mechanics of Quebec (CMMTQ ). The latter has been responsible for qualifying its members since November 19, 2001.
Examinations to take:
- Administration, Management and Management
- Safety management on construction sites
- Project and Site Management
- Execution of construction works – 15.4