This subclass authorizes construction work that is not reserved exclusively for electrical contractors and that concerns intercommunication, telephone and surveillance systems, as well as similar or related construction work.
This subclass is entirely included in subclass 17.1.
This subclass includes, in particular, construction work relating to:
- the excavation and backfilling of the trench and the laying of the underground pipes for the cable television and the telephone between the distribution network and the building (the laying and connection of the wires is the exclusive responsibility of the distributor);
- to fiber optics;
- the installation of cables (computer, telephone or home theater), when the cabling connects workstations distributed in several rooms and floors of the same building or in several buildings;
- public address systems;
- automatic barriers and the installation of sentry boxes;
- detection loops installed
- in roadways (to count cars, open barriers, etc.);
- low-voltage control consoles (prisons, theatres, studios, etc.);
- electromagnetic and electromechanical locks;
combustion gas detectors, in particular in indoor parking garages and other
- systems (however, if the detectors are part of the ventilation or heating system in parking garages, subclass 17.1 is required) ;
- water level detectors;
- to computer networks when the cabling connects workstations distributed in several rooms and floors of the same building or in several buildings when these installations require construction work such as drilling of firewalls, installation of sockets in the walls, etc
- Home automation and building automation work generally requires all of the following subclasses: 13.2, 17.1, 17.2 and, sometimes, subclass 16.
NO LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR WORK:
- installation of a burglar alarm system in a single-family residential building, a dwelling or a private part of a building in divided co-ownership (system independent of that of the building and serving only this single dwelling or this single unit private);
- appliance maintenance and repair
Exams to pass:
N.B.: There is no examination of the execution of the construction works for the licenses of annex III.